I am so excited that it is almost fall! I love all the seasons for their very own special reasons, but fall is my definitely my favorite! I love the colors, the smells, the cool crisp air, the clothes, the decorations, the pumpkin patch field trip, bonfires, raking leaves, chili, s'mores and everything else that makes fall so wonderful!
Next week we will begin a two-week unit on apples and Johnny Appleseed. I have been searching for lots of new ideas to add to some of the ideas I've used in the past. I hope that you will like some of these links, too. I’m just wishing I had more time!
I haven’t linked to everything apple, just mainly what I think I might like to use.
Be sure to checkout the following link to search for great free/inexpensive downloadable apple printables from Scholastic. Use code: 10THANKS for $10 worth of ebooks/printables. Expires 9/20/11
Scholastic Search: Apples
- Letter Aa Apple Worksheet
- Apples Up on Top Letter Recognition
- Apple Tree Capital and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Apple Tree Letter Assessment
- Fill in the Missing Letters
- Counting Apples Emergent Reader (color words)
- Five Apples Up on Top Emergent Reader (subtraction/one less)
- Apple Poem, Apple Poem Student Version
- Apple Songs/Poems
- Apples, Apples Song/Bookmark
- Apple Songs and Poems
- A-P-P-L-E Song (Fun for pocket charts!)
- Apple Math Booklet (I love this!)
- Count the Apples Worksheet
- How Many Apples Worksheet
- Apple Baskets
- Apple Sequencing 1-5
- Apple Symmetry/Patterning Bracelet
- Apple Identify and Stamp Activity
- Apple Patterning with Pom Poms
- Apple Basket Count
- Apple Sets 1-12
- Fill in the Missing Numbers
Activities for Individuals or Small Groups
- Apple Quilt Block Puzzle use with this worksheet if you need an accountability page
- Apple 3-Column Graph
- Apple Bean Bags and Game Idea
- Roll & Color Apple Tree
- Apple Play Dough Mat
- Apple Grid Work Activity
- Pocket Chart Apples and Character Cards (goes with Ten Red Apples)
- Apple Patterning and Apple Tree Number Match
- Do you like red apples? Green? Yellow?
- Have you ever swallowed an apple seed?
- Have you ever eaten a caramel apple?
- Have you ever seen an apple tree?
- Have you ever picked an apple from a tree?
- Have you ever peeled an apple?
- Do you like your apples peeled or with the skin left on?
- Have you ever made applesauce? Pie? Apple butter?
Lots of Other Ideas
Apples Theme Unit by ABC Teach
Apple Pickin' Time at The Virtual Vine