Welcome to Lil' Country Librarian

Lil' Country Librarian is a blog devoted to assisting early childhood teachers and parents in finding resources quickly and inexpensively. You will find lesson plans, classroom tips, resource links and printables that will make teaching easier and more meaningful for your students. I hope you enjoy your visit. Please come back soon!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Election Day and the Voting Process Mini Unit and a FREEBIE!

I'm pretty sure with all the political posts, ads, commercials, posters, signs, talk, etc. that I should have probably titled this post Check out These Adorable Puppies and Scrumptious Chocolate Cupcakes or something if I truly wanted to catch your attention. :) However, if you're still reading, be sure to check out the new mini unit I just posted on TpT for the upcoming Election Day in November. Our entire school will be taking part in a mock election, so I created this mini unit to help teach and reinforce the voting process, along with staying true to our theme using cross-curricular activities. Click on the picture below to take you to my TpT store!


Included in this unit:
I Will Vote, Will You? Song (color and black/white)
Voting on Election Day Retelling Wheel
My Box Book of Election Day
I Voted! Headband
I Voted! Bracelets/Wristbands
Would you like to be the President? Analyzing Class Results
Would you like to be the President? Header and Graphing
Election Day Spin and Graph
Skip Counting by 10's


I also have a math freebie available for you! Just click on the picture below to download your copy!




I've also started a new Election Day board on Pinterest. Here's a pin that I plan to use. It's a video from Scholastic that is only a little over two minutes long and stays unbiased enough to just present a few facts to students so they can get to know the Presidential candidates before our election.

3 comments:

  1. Marlana,

    Thanks for the freebie and I love the election unit.

    Happy Wednesday!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun freebie! Thanks, Marlana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marlana! I love your freebie and your election unit looks great! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

LinkWithin