Today, I carved out time to work on a Columbus Day mini unit. On the actual Columbus Day holiday, our local Fire Department is coming for Fire Safety Week and I won't be able to do a lot of these activities with my kiddos this year. However, I hope that some of you will have more time than we do.
I just created a Columbus Day Mini Math and Literacy Unit and posted it on TpT. It's filled with activities that cover Math and ELA Common Core State Standards, as well as, several Social Studies expectations. The unit is 48 pages long and should go well with most of the books that you will be reading to your students. Click on the picture above or any of the pictures below to take you to the unit on TpT!
Columbus Day Mini Math and Literacy Unit includes:
- Pages 2-3: We Celebrate Columbus Day Song (Color and Black/White) (Freebie)
- Pages 4-9: We Celebrate Columbus Day Pocket Chart Song and Pictures
- Pages 10-15: Would you like to be an explorer? Graph, Headers, and Analyzing Class Results Response Sheet(Color and Black/White)
- Pages 16-19: Number Slit Book (Numbers 1-5)
- Pages 20-26: Ten Frame, Base Ten Block and Number Match Up 1-10
- Pages 27-31: Syllable Sort and Self-Check Sheet
- Pages 32-34: Skip Counting by 10's
- Pages 35-36: What Comes Next?
- Pages 27-42: Write the Room Picture Cards and Response Sheet
- Pages 43-45: Pattern Cards
- Pages 46-47: Spin and Graph
Click on the picture below to download a freebie song from the packet. It's called We Celebrate Columbus Day and can be sung to the tune of Jolly Old St. Nicholas.