Friday, December 2, 2011

Rudolph Craft & Writing Prompt {Printables}

I found the cutest Rudolph craft on Pinterest and I knew I had to have my students make it this week. (The inspiration was found on Fiskars.com, but the page is no longer available.)

We read the story Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May and then worked on our bags and a writing prompt. We are still in the process of working on our stories, but I'll post a picture when we finish. We added crumpled newspaper to our bags to make them fluffy.

 Photo Source: PaperBack Swap


Click here or on the picture below for your free printables.



Click here or on the picture below for the writing prompt.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-RudolphReindeer-Paper-Bag-Template-and-Writing-Project-1016621

The best thing about this project is that right before Christmas, I'm going to take the bags down off the bulletin board, take out the newspaper and put each child's Christmas present in the bag. That means, no wrapping presents this year!!! That is thrilling to me because it always takes me forever!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Thanks for sharing freebies with others! I just found your blog and am your newest follower :) I just found your blog, I am a speech pathologist, mama and blogger and I host a linky party on Thursdays...to bring parents and educators together to share free or nearly free educational lessons and activities, I'd love for you to come check it out :) Link up if you'd like, or just browse the other great activity ideas!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/12/thrifty-thursday-linky-party-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing ! it is sooooo cute! i cannot wait to do this in my library when we return after Thanksgiving break !

    ReplyDelete