Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meeting the Authors of Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine & a Miracle

Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine & a Miracle was a Missouri Show-Me Award Winner.

Last week, I attended my first library conference! I am getting so excited for my new job next year! My mom and I attended the Missouri Association of School Librarians (MASL) Conference at Tan-Tar-A. I was fortunate enough to get to go to a workshop by Kirby Larson and Mary Nethery, the authors of Nubs: The True Story of a Mutt, a Marine & a Miracle. It was the first workshop I have ever had serious tears through. Their story from the initial process of writing the book to the letters they've received afterward was truly inspiring and so touching. That night, I had the opportunity to have my copy of the book autographed for my own kiddos. Both ladies were so sweet and seemed to be such a perfect fit to co-write the book.

The picture taken below was super blurry, but it's still a memory all the same. If you ever have the chance to meet Kirby Larson and Mary Nethery or attend a workshop session of theirs, be sure to go. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Maj. Brian Dennis and Nubs were there, too.
:)

Mary Nethery, Me and Kirby Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment