Thursday, June 21, 2012

PBIS Summer Institute and a fun treat!

I just got back from the SW Positive Behavior Support Summer Institute at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach, MO. Were any of you there? The most valuable things I learned were ways to increase positive behavior on the bus (our biggest problem area) and lots of new student and teacher incentives. We got to stay right next to the lake one night and waking up the next morning was so peaceful!

We are getting ready for our fourth year of implementation of PBIS and I'm really looking forward to our Ocean/Beach theme for the year. I've already found lots of great ideas for decorating and I'm enjoying looking for more fun incentives to reward my kiddos that go along with our fun theme. Please feel free to share if you have any great ideas!


When I got home, I found a huge box waiting for me and I couldn't wait to open it!

I had won a giveaway at Teaching Heart in May and received a bag full of surprises including the following items: Teaching Heart reusable shopping bag, stuffed lamb, The Very Busy Spider (hardcover), Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3 DVD, note cards, stickers, two fun pens and a CD of lots of Teaching Heart products.

This week, I will be hosting two fun giveaways, so be sure to watch for them! 

5 comments:

  1. We have used PBIS for 6 years and love it!! The focus on increasing positive behavior is so much more effective than dealing with negative behaviors! We are in the process of revamping our system this year by implementing a weekly Prize Patrol where students enter a drawing and we draw a winner in each grade. The prize patrol delivers the prize on a decorated cart and makes a huge production of the winner and their prize! We are in need of free or cheap incentives! What ideas did you get for incentives?? Love hearing about others using this approach!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the committee to get PBIS implemented this coming August! I am so excited to get it started. I would love to hear more about what you've learned. And how excited to come home to a box of goodies =)
    Thanks for sharing Marlana!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. It's good to know you learned so much. I'm sure you all had fun too! I am also getting excited about our theme next year. I ordered a few things from Amazon and can't wait to get them next week. (desk nameplates, bulletin boards, borders, etc...) Pinterest has a lot of great ideas too. Also, congrats on your nomination to "most fascinating blog"! I'll vote for you!!! :-)
    ~ Lisa
    Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there! Got some great ideas and LOVED the lake.

    ReplyDelete