Welcome to Lil' Country Librarian

Lil' Country Kindergarten is a blog devoted to assisting early childhood teachers and parents in finding resources quickly and inexpensively. You will find lesson plans, classroom tips, resource links and printables that will make teaching easier and more meaningful for your students. I hope you enjoy your visit. Please come back soon!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Frog Life Cycle Activities for Reading and Science

I'm so excited that it's finally Spring!!! Shortly after I teach my mini unit on Spring, I will begin teaching a unit on life cycles of plants and animals. I created a set of activities for Reading and Science for the life cycle of frogs. Be sure to check it out in my TpT store. It is only $2! I have also included some freebies for you below!

Here's a life cycle box book freebie I created to go with this unit! I tried it out on my daughter and she did well with direct instruction. I hope you get the idea of how it goes together from the directions. :)



I also created a Do You Like Frogs? graph and response sheet as a freebie to include in my unit above.



I also found the following activities to help me teach my frog life cycles mini unit. I hope you find the following links helpful, as well!


Life Cycle of a Frog Animated Science Video
Life Cycle of a Frog color page
Life Cycle of a Frog Online Puzzle (I'm going to use this at the end of the unit for a visual review.)

Frog Nomenclature Book (Montessori)
Understanding Webbed Feet
Frog Metamorphosis Diagram This diagram is a little bit better at showing a few more changes in the stages of the life cycle.

Do you have any great ideas for teaching life cycles? My favorites are actually the butterfly and the chick. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I am going to buy it!!! We will do the frog life cycle next mont, now we are doing the life cycle of a chicken. What clip art did you use?

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I purchased the frog cycle graphics from Graphics From the Pond and some from Scrappin' Doodles. Here's a link to the frog cycle graphics: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Frog-Life-Cycle-Sequence-Graphics-Color-Line-Art.

      Blessings,
      Marlana
      Lil' Country Kindergarten

      Delete
  2. Hi Marlana!

    I really liked your frog life cycle product, so I blogged about it! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Thank you so much! What quality materials you provide! I am so excited to use them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips