Welcome to Lil' Country Librarian

Welcome! Lil' Country Librarian is a blog devoted to assisting elementary teacher-librarians and early childhood teachers/parents in finding resources quickly and inexpensively. You will find lesson plans, classroom tips, resource links and printables that will make teaching library easier and more meaningful for your students. I hope you enjoy your visit. Please come back soon!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Teaching Blog Traffic School

As a Christmas present to myself (with the use of affiliate commision I had earned) I purchased the Teaching Blog Traffic School course from Charity Preston from the Organized Classroom Blog. I have only completed the first four lessons, but I wanted to post my beginnings so I can chronicle the growth of my blog and to try to keep myself accountable for my short-term goals.

I purchased the TBTS course on December 11. My stats were:


I created the following short-term goals for my blog, stores, etc. I think I may have been on some kind of I just bought myself a present on a Dr. Pepper high when I came up with some of the numbers, but I guess I thought they were reasonable goals at the time. Ha! :) We'll see! I gave myself until December 31, 2011 to complete the following goals.

Blog
  • Reach 500 followers
  • Post at least 5 times per week
  • Create and share two freebies
  • Create one item for sale
  • Have 3 items pinned on Pinterest

Facebook
  • Post 1-2 times a day
  • Gain 10 new fans
  • Add at least 10 pictures

     Teacher's Notebook
    • Sell $10 worth of resources
    • Gain 10 shopper favorites for my store

    Teachers Pay Teachers
    • Sell $20 worth of resources
    • Gain 2 followers through my store

    Forums
    I have to admit, I think I'm becoming obsessed/worried because my regular computer's hard drive has to be replaced and I'm having to use a computer that I can't create with right now. I'm worried that I'm not going to achieve some of my goals. However, I'm not going to let it stop me from trying!

    Have you ever created goals for your blog? How did you measure up with the expectations you set for yourself?

    12 comments:

    1. Great idea! I have seen TBTS but was never really sure what it was all about. I will definitely will be following your progress! Thanks for doing this!!
      Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

      ReplyDelete
    2. You can do it!!

      When my hubby fried our hard drive with his water glass, he didn't replace Word on the new computer. YIKES! I can't create anything right now. I don't have any stores, but I'd like to start working on third quarter projects!

      I'm rooting for you! ReadWriteSing

      ReplyDelete
    3. You'll get there!! It's good to have goals! I downloaded your cutie christmas template as they were featured in the TN newsletter! They are adorable,thank you!!

      Hadar
      Miss Kindergarten
      Target Treasures

      ReplyDelete
    4. I just gave myself the same present! I'd been considering TBTS for awhile and finally went for it! I plan to dive in over Christmas Break and am looking forward to setting some short term goals like yours. Thanks for posting your progress, it'll be great to follow along as you complete the course. Good Luck!
      Donna
      Peace, Love & Learning

      ReplyDelete
    5. I created goals for my blog and researched growth before my first post ever happen. I am beginning phase two of my goal setting. It makes blogging more fun to create a future to live into! Congratulations on your new goals.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Don't you just love setting goals?! Good luck!! Looks like your followers goal is almost there!! :)

      Sara
      Kindergarten Is A Hoot

      ReplyDelete
    7. Good luck and I know you will get there! It will snowball before you know it!

      Charity
      The Organized Classroom Blog

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great blog and I look forward to your new ideas. I added you to my FB as well! I hope you reach your goals!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Thank you all, so much! It is so encouraging to read your comments and to feel like you are behind my success. :) I am looking forward to learning so much more and becoming a better blogger!

      Blessings,
      Marlana
      Lil' Country Kindergarten

      ReplyDelete
    10. I see you 've met at least one of your girls "522" followers and counting! You can do it! I'm going to follow your lead and post my goals versus keeping them in my notebook! I feel like it holds me more accountable : ) Have a great week! Good luck!

      Ms. Wainwright
      http://thediaryofthenotsowimpyteacher.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    11. It looks like something is working for you! Congrats on over 500 followers! That is is AMAZING! I'm your newest follower!

      First Grade Delight
      imgoingfirst@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete