Ha! I feel like I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy by not only hitting the Target dollar spot as much as possible lately but by also trying to squeeze in 80 fun activities with my family before I have to go back to school. Seriously, where does the time go?
Have I mentioned that I live in the country? That means the nearest Target is an hour away! Talk about torture with all you fabulous bloggy friends posting all your wonderful deals! When I go to town for any reason, I try to go to every store I might possibly need to in order to make the trip worthwhile and to save on gas.
So, I tried getting in on some of the inexpensive Staples deals for the week, but that didn't work out so well. They were all out of the 5 packs of Sharpies for $1. I LOVE Sharpie markers! I am very brand loyal on this item. Is anyone else like that?
Here’s what I ended up with.
Staples – $1
- 4 sets of page flags @ 25 cents
Target – $24
- flash cards: 4 sets
- card sorts – 2 sets
- heart beads: for patterns, counting and sorting – 2 sets (I’m going to make some printables for these.)
- magnetic mini erasers – 3 packs of 2
- pocket charts (3)
- addition spin and write
- alphabet spin and write
- calendar set of 2 (I’m not using these for my calendar. I’ll show a picture of what I have in mind in another post.
- class scheduler
- lesson planning book (This is just for making notes for planning. It is not what I will use for my actual lesson plans and daily schedule.)
- alphabet matching puzzles
- counting matching puzzles
- desk nameplates
- 2 sets of 4 dry erase strip boards
It’s not like this is my first year teaching. I am beginning to think that I became a teacher for all the cool supplies!