So, I took advantage of the trip to run by a different Dollar Tree this afternoon. I'm most excited about the ice cream bowls! :) My thought was to make these into another math work station. I would add number cards and have students spoon ice cream (pom poms) into their ice cream bowls. I would also include some recording sheets with ten frames and paint markers. I will try to make that later as a freebie in case any of you get these, too.
Dollar Tree: $9
- 2 sets of ice cream bowls (3/set—1 each of pink, green and blue)
- 2 sets of pom poms (80 pcs/set)
- 1 Cars foam number puzzle
- 1 Disney Princesses foam number puzzle
- 2 sets of divided plastic dishes (2/pack)
- 1 pkg. of flamingo drink stirrers (10/pack)
I bought the divided plates for addition and subtraction. The drink stirrers go with the palm trees I got last night for use as individual pointers during Guided Reading, The Daily 5—Read to Self/Someone, etc. The foam number puzzles will be for putting numbers in order and then I’m already working on a recording sheet for 10-20.
Now, where do I put all of this until school starts?