What fun to open up several emails today to find that I had been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award from several amazing bloggers. I am constantly amazed that even one person reads my blog, so it’s humbling to be given an award by people who have the same passion about education as I do. Thank you!
I received the award from the following fabulous bloggers:
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Seven things about myself:
- Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happened in my life! I don’t know what I would do without my precious son, Cole and precious daughter, Audrey. They are growing up way too fast for me. I hope that they always know how much they are loved!
- My husband and I met at Dunkin’ Donuts. Two years later, we were married in front of a waterfall at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee. It was a beautiful place and I can’t wait to go back someday soon and take our children. This May we will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.
- My brother and sister-in-law were blessed with a new home by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in 2009. It was amazing the generosity and the spirit of all the volunteers, companies, celebs and everyone who came together to bless their family with such a beautiful home, barn, etc. Watching the whole process was absolutely unbelievable! http://abc.go.com/shows/extreme-makeover-home-edition/episode-detail/hampton-family/300940
- I was electrocuted by a refrigerator when I was young. It was old and was out in our garage. I went out barefoot to get bread out of the freezer to make something for breakfast and little did I know, there was a short in the wiring. Everyone in my family was asleep and my hands were literally stuck to the handle so I couldn’t pull myself away. When my brother finally heard my scream, he ran to wake my mom up. However, when she tried to pull me away, the electricity went through me to get to her. Every time she would pull on me, she would be shocked, too. Finally, she threw a towel on my shoulders and was able to pull me away. It was very scary! I remember her calling the hospital while rocking me and repeatedly checking to make sure my heart rate went back up.
- In 1998, I miscarried my first baby a few days after my husband and I got back from an anniversary trip to Tennessee. Then, when I got pregnant with my son, who is now 11, his due date was the exact same day as my first baby's due date. God’s timing is so perfect!
- I have an unhealthy love of Dr. Pepper, Reese’s peanut butter cups, mashed potatoes with cottage cheese, Little House on the Prairie, exclamation points and commas!!!
- I LOVE reading home décor blogs, magazines and watching all kinds of home shows on TV when I can. However, I live in a tiny 100 year-old farmhouse that will never look anything like the houses I see.
(Sorry, I couldn’t just pick 5.) I would like to pass the award to: